The summer transfer window is closed for the top leagues in Europe! After a summer full of international football, countless clubs waited until the last minute to pull off their transfers. See all the major deals here and check out how we graded the biggest signings. But just because the window is shut until January, that doesn’t mean the rumours won’t keep coming.
TOP STORY: Bayern, Juve to battle for Man City’s Jesus
That’s according to Calciomercato, which reports that the Serie A side are very keen to bolster their attacking output, which includes Alvaro Morata, Paulo Dybala, Moise Kean and Kaio Jorge. The report also says Pep Guardiola could be willing to let the forward go to raise funds for another striker.
Though Juventus may firmly have the Brazil international in their sights, Bayern Munich are also said to be monitoring his situation. The Bundesliga champions are unsure about the long-term future of Poland international Lewandowski, who only has two years left on his deal, and they are starting to look at possible options to replace the 33-year-old if he decides to look for a new challenge.
Jesus, 24, has started three of Man City’s four Premier League fixtures so far this season and has scored one goal, with three assists. City were linked with a move for Harry Kane in the summer in a search for another natural No. 9, which put the future of Jesus in doubt.
12.50 BST: Isco remains at Real Madrid, despite extensive transfer links over the past few windows. Now Calciomercato reports that the 29-year-old midfielder could have interest from Serie A. The report states that both AC Milan and Juventus are weighing up a possible move in January.
12.04 BST: January is set to see a transfer battle for Cagliari midfielder Nahitan Nandez, according to Tuttomercatoweb. The 25-year-old was wanted by Inter Milan, Tottenham, Napoli, Roma and Fiorentina over the summer but a move didn’t materialise.
The report states that Nandez wanted to move to Inter but a deal could not be agreed, and that could open the door for a move abroad in the New Year.
11.18 BST: Georginio Wijnaldum has told L’Equipe that he left Liverpool for Paris Saint-Germain because he didn’t feel wanted at Anfield anymore — though he was very close to signing for Barcelona and had other interested parties, too.
“A few months ago, I wanted to stay at Liverpool, but without going into the details, I didn’t get the feeling they wanted to keep me,” he said. “In these cases, you have to move forward. Barcelona came up. I was really happy because, since I was a kid, like with the majority of Dutch players, it’s been the club of my dreams, even if I have to admit that my idol was Zinedine Zidane, a Real Madrid player!
“I was keen on the idea of signing for Barcelona. But the negotiations lasted a while and eventually PSG came forward. The club showed their desire to have me. It was time for me to see something else.
“There were discussions with Bayern Munich but they started further back. I also spoke with Inter Milan, who made a very good impression on me, the sort that as a player you want to have.”
10.30 BST: Paris Saint-Germain sporting director Leonardo has said he expects Kylian Mbappe to stay beyond this season and denied that the club received a final deadline day offer worth €200m from Real Madrid for the forward.
The French club refused to negotiate over a deal for Mbappe last month, despite the 22-year-old having just a year left on his contract. Sources in Madrid previously told ESPN that Madrid made bids of €160m, €180m and finally €200m on Aug. 31 before the transfer window closed.
“I don’t see Mbappe leaving at the end of the season,” Leonardo told Canal+ on Tuesday. “The relationship Kylian has with PSG is deep. Nobody is thinking about the future of PSG without Kylian. I can’t imagine it.
“Honestly we weren’t happy with Real Madrid’s behaviour. Starting talks for one of the best players in the world in the last week of the market caused a situation that we didn’t like. Our position was clear with the offer. It wasn’t enough for us. It was less than what we paid.
“The last offer that people talk about never arrived. You can’t plan a transfer market for two, three or four months and change your plans just like that.”
09.47 BST: Paulo Dybala is confident he will soon sign a new contract with Juventus. The Argentina international is into his seventh season at Juve and becomes a free agent next summer.
Dybala, who scored in Tuesday’s Champions League triumph over Malmo, told Sky Sport Italy: “We hope to complete the contract extension soon. Everyone’s desire is for the negotiation to be completed; I believe that during the week there will be another meeting between the parties. They know that on my part there is a great desire to stay in Turin, I know that the management also wants to extend my contract and we have resumed talks.
“I hope that everything will be over soon and good news can arrive for everyone, I am very confident.”
Dybala will have a more prominent role at Juve following the departure of Cristiano Ronaldo to Manchester United this summer.
“He is at the centre of our project,” Juve vice-president Pavel Nedved said. “We are focusing on him. We will try to complete the negotiation very soon so he can sign the new contract; he is too important a player for Juventus.”
09.00 BST: Inter Milan striker Lautaro Martinez was a man in demand in the summer, and Gazzetta dello Sport now reports that Arsenal, Atletico Madrid and Tottenham Hotspur all had transfer bids turned down for the 24-year-old.
Lautaro has less than two years remaining on his contract, leading to intense speculation that he would move on before his transfer value depreciated. But after Inter sold Romelu Lukaku to Chelsea for €115m they were able to hold onto Lautaro. The Argentina striker remains in talks over a contract extension.
Gazzetta says that Real Madrid were very interested, but didn’t table a transfer offer. Three bids were lodged, from Atletico and Tottenham at €90m, while Arsenal put in a lower offer.
The report states that Inter after confident that Lautaro will improve further this season, and they could get a transfer fee of above €100m.
– Sport 1’s Florian Plettenburg reports that Bayern Munich and Chelsea are not looking to strike a swap deal for Leroy Sane and Timo Werner. The reporter even doubled down, saying that his “sources were amused about this rumor” about the two attackers who have struggled at their respective clubs.
– Arsenal view 20-year-old sensation Bukayo Saka as “untouchable” in the transfer market, according to Fabrizio Romano on the Here We Go podcast. A number of clubs are reportedly seeking a possible deal for the England international next summer. Saka signed a new contract last year that runs until 2024 and Mikel Arteta believes that he will be one of the players that the club will build around going forward.
– Tottenham have offered personal to Franck Kessie as they move forward with their intertest in the midfielder, but PSG are also believed to be in contact with the player’s representatives. Calciomercato reports that Spurs have made an approach with an €8 million-per-year contract. The 24-year-old is out of contract at AC Milan next summer with a renewal not getting any closer.
– Manchester United are planning to offer Luke Shaw a new contract in the near future, according to Fabrizio Romano on the Here We Go podcast. The left-back currently has two years left on his existing deal, but United are said to be prioritising Paul Pogba, who’s contract expires next summer, and Bruno Fernandes first.
– Angel Di Maria is hoping to move to former club Rosario Central once he leaves Paris Saint-Germain, according to Le10sport. The 33-year-old came through the ranks at Rosario before moving to Benfica in 2007, and revealed to the press that he wishes to retire at the club. Di Maria is into the final year of his contract at PSG, but there is the option of another year.